Out of their packaging, phones and tablets usually:
- have unnecessary apps installed.
- are missing many of the apps you most likely want to use.
- aren't very secure.
- won't connect to your Internet at home.
- may be set to connect to the Internet via the mobile phone system - proving expensive for Pay As You Go users, and rapidly using up inclusive data allowances for contract users.
- won't have any contacts or speed dial numbers set up.
- need software updates.
If you lack the confidence to put these issues right then let me take you through them at a pace that suits you. Or, if you prefer, I can just sort them out for you.